Most good news for followers of the Invoice and Ted movies – the comedy duo will certainly be occurring a 3rd journey subsequent 12 months.
Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter, the celebrities of Invoice & Ted’s Glorious Journey and Invoice and Ted’s Bogus Journey, revealed the information in a video message.
The sequel will likely be launched 31 years after the 1989 authentic, which adopted two slackers travelling by time.
Titled Invoice & Ted Face the Music, it would hit cinemas in August 2020.
Reeves (Ted) and Winter (Invoice) thanked “you, the followers” for getting the venture off the bottom.
Now ageing rockers, Invoice and Ted’s lack of ability to fulfil their prophecy to save lots of the universe with rock and roll will likely be tackled in Face the Music.
News that a script had been written for a third film was revealed on the Cannes movie competition final 12 months.
The primary two films had been massive hits, with the unique following the journey of two American highschool college students travelling again in time to get assist passing a historical past class.
The sequels that took eternally to hit the large display
- Blade Runner 2049 – launched 35 years after Ridley Scott’s 1982 sci-fi traditional.
- Mad Max: Fury Highway – got here out almost 30 years after Mad Max Past Thunderdome.
- Ghostbusters reboot – arrived 27 years after 1989’s Ghostbusters II.
- Wall Avenue: Cash By no means Sleeps – Michael Douglas reprised his function as Michael Douglas 23 years after the unique.
- T2 Trainspotting – it took 21 years for us to be reunited with Ewan McGregor’s Mark Renton.
- Independence Day: Resurgence got here out 20 years after the unique which debuted in 1996. However the sequel returned with out Will Smith.
- Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey reprised their roles in Dumb and Dumber To, 20 years after their first outing as a pair of dimwits.
- Incredibles 2 – it was a mere 14 years earlier than Pixar rewarded followers of The Incredibles with Incredibles 2.
Winter, now 53, says he was sexually abused as a baby actor within the 1970s by a person who’s now lifeless.
“I completely really feel like a survivor,” he instructed BBC Radio 5 stay’s Adrian Chiles.
Talking about making the primary Invoice and Ted movie in 1989, he stated: “The films are what they’re, they’re foolish and all that, I do not maintain them in overly excessive estimation as artistic endeavors or something, however we had a whole lot of enjoyable making them.
“However for me personally, when it comes to the expertise… it was actually, actually useful for me mentally. And it was an awesome atmosphere.
“The world of Invoice and Ted is a really candy and enjoyable place to run round in.”
The information that Invoice & Ted three is formally a go follows an intriguing report on the Forrest Gump sequel that by no means was.
In an interview with Yahoo Entertainment, screenwriter Eric Roth revealed the unmade movie would have featured OJ Simpson, Princess Diana and the 1995 Oklahoma Metropolis bombing had it not been axed within the wake of the 9/11 terror assaults.